9.15.2009

Marcel Dzama: Good in All Media

I have long liked the work of flavor-of-the-moment-five-years-ago artist Marcel Dzama, from Winnipeg, Canada. I think his work still looks fresh, and I continue to love his perverse, sickly sweet imagery:



I used that image in a proposal for the wall of a bakery, though it was transformed, writ large, into Portuguese blue & white ceramic, or perhaps Delft tile:



I find his art really works in all media quite well. He did a fantastic line of jewels for MZ Wallace (impossible to find images of), and earlier this year released a stellar music video for Department of Eagles at the MoMA:



I had difficulty believing he could pull off movements, let alone in live action moving through space, but geez, there it is. He creates such a complete world, with separate, more delicate rules of physics. I love the swiftly vibrating legs of the lady warriors before battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails