10.29.2009

Movie Night, Anyone?

In celebration of Halloween, today's featurette will be Tim Burton's first clay animation, the seldom seen Vincent. Narrated by Vincent Price, Disney gave Burton the money to create this short in 1982.



I admit that it reminds me of my own morose childhood. What kid raised on Edward Gorey doesn't hear this at some point from their mother:

"You're not Vincent Price, you're Vincent Malloy!
You're not tormented or insane, you're only a boy.
You're seven years old, and you are my son.
I want you to get outside and have some real fun."

2 comments:

Sarah Wilks said...

I love your posts. They're fairly genius. So thanks!

Allyson said...

I love this short! It's so good.

Now it reminds me of this stupid girl I knew my freshman year of college who grew up down the street from Vincent Price, but said it like, 'I grew up down the street from Eminem! And that old guy in Edward Scissorhands.'

I would always yell from wherever I was, 'VINCENT PRICE! VINCENT PRICE! WAY BETTER THAN EMINEM!'

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails