10.07.2009

What's That on Your Face?

I have to start this post with a disclaimer: Though it may irritate many, for years I did not need glasses, and was wild with envy that other kids got to wear them. The way I see it, glasses are another design element you can control, and every crush I have ever had wore glasses. But these days I do need them, and this excites me endlessly. These are the ones I have now:



They look much less garish on my face, as the color is pretty close to my overall blond hue. I bought them in Rome, on Via Margutta near the Spanish Steps, and though I love them, I'm wondering if maybe I need something darker, perhaps more serious. I'm tempted by the same frames I have (Oliver Peoples' Riley) but in a different color:






Which color is the winner? Or maybe another Peoples' style, the Sheldrake, which is a bit riskier:




More in my comfort zone is the Paris frame from Prism of London. The first color is basically what I've got now:





So what do we think? Maybe an out of work interior architect shouldn't be planning an expensive glasses purchase? Probably smart. But the Miltzen from Moscot is so fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails