9.15.2011

Family Houses

My Godfather's family has such beautiful houses all over the place. I loved all of them. Observe, and join me in rankest jealousy.

Lunch laid on the terrace in Marseilles:



and your view of gardens, to the right:



From the terrace in Nans le Pins:



And one villa too many -- this house outside Pisa sits empty; there are too many other houses to visit, but they've owned this one for hundreds of years, and are reluctant to let it go. Beautifully overgrown gardens:





Shields in effigy, hung in a room that looked like it hadn't been opened in years:



I could be a house stowaway, hopping covertly from one to the next as they decamp for the season elsewhere -- they'll never catch me ...

2 comments:

DM said...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph...my jealously doesn't even have words...

Anonymous said...

Your backyard is amazing. I love all the trees.

-Zane of ontario honey

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails