9.22.2009

Seven Days Work

I don't expect interesting architecture while hiking, and was taken entirely by surprise on this hike to a remote beach on Grand Manan, Seven Days Work Beach. Deep in the woods, set on a cliff overlooking the beach stands this high-style A-frame:



I can't help but be reminded one of my first loves in architecture, Gunnar Asplund's Woodland Chapel outside of Stockholm. I love it so much I've visited twice.



I don't know why I so love triangles set into forests ... so appealing. In some ways this Grand Manan shack is better than Asplund's Chapel, in that the rather than overlooking a cememtary, it overlooks this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to swim in that water. It looks so clean. I love the roofs to these buildings.

-Zane of ontario honey

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails