10.19.2009

Bonnie and the Dream of Horses

When I was growing up I had a second mother in my friend Greg's mom. Bonnie is remarkable in so many ways, but oddly enough, as a child one of the things that impressed me most were stories of how as a child she would stand on her horse's back as she rode. Bonnie is very capable, very organized, and I imagine she looked something like this:



I can imagine many practical uses of this skill, like moving furniture:



Or riding in Fourth of July parades:



If I could stand while riding, I suspect I would find it hard not to multitask ... perhaps combining the joy of travel with the joy of dance:



Or I could use it to more effectively woo Steven:



Unfortunately, I'm quite clumsy. I don't think I could pull this move off:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails