10.12.2009

The Coming of Cold Weather ...

... has me thinking of austerity. In my mind I start to live in the rooms of Vilhelm Hammershøi:



I saw him first in Sweden, at a museum in Goteborg. The little room hung in a gallery full of Scandinavian paintings, and I was transfixed. For two years I was the only person I knew who knew his work, but then the Tate had a huge show, and now everyone knows of Hammershøi; still, I find myself retreating to his rooms to think.



He reminds me of Vermeer, minus the figures and the hype.



I think I need a suite of Biedermeier rooms in celebration of the cold months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the home. It just feels a bit bare in some of the rooms.

-Zane of ontario honey

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails