11.13.2009

Let's Look at More Fur, Shall We?

I have to admit this was not my intention. Today I had the grand ambition to do a post on my desire to clothe myself in the stellar wardrobes of 1950s Westerns -- well, specifically The Searchers -- but my search for stills was thwarted, and I have yet to take pictures from the DVD myself. But let's pause and look for a moment at the lovely Martin Pauly from said film:



I'm a big fan of his look throughout the film, his ethos I guess. And the actor, Jeffrey Hunter (who went to the same Wisconsin HS as Anna ... separated by 60 years) may be the boy for whom the word "strapping" was created. Long story short, those images will come, and I've found something else to show instead. I'm very into the raccoon fur coats that have been popping up everywhere, but especially the comprehensive coverage in Ivy Style (a bit fuddy-duddy, I know). But look at these -- they're so absurd I might have to buy one, or mine the Heywood attics when I'm home for the holidays. Apparently they enjoyed two periods of popularity in ivy circles -- one in the 20s, and again in the 50s. I think I would have enjoyed carousing through both times, smug and snugly warm in one of these:



with my buddies ...



This is the last post about fur for a long time, I promise.

Also, even though they're basically over and will doubtless be this generation's bell-bottoms in the closet, if I were to buy one last pair of vaguely expensive fitted jeans it would be these:



Gotta love Robert Longo tributes! Great styling. Props to People's Market. What is the tie that binds all of this together? Vanity, I guess ... and reference.

1 comment:

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Nick, was your Blackberry/iPhone stolen? I just received a very strange email from in the last hour, purportedly from you (see below). The fact that you posted this today (presumably from your home) made me want to alert you.

Here's the message I received...

Hello,

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right now, i'm stuck in London right now. I came down here on vacation, i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy experience for me, i need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is i still have my passport but don't have enough money to get my flight ticket back home, please i need you to loan me some money, will refund you as soon as i'm back home, i promise.

Thank you
Nick

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails