12.09.2009

Gigi Gatewood Makes ...

... arresting photographs. See for yourself:





Her work always impresses me with it's cool appraisal of things that personify such large issues -- burial or descent, faith.



And others speak to heavenly bodies, Platonic ideals and shapes, and the passage of time. Yikes, that's a lot! But somehow in her hands it seems so light.









I had the great pleasure to include her work in a show I co-curated in the Gelman Gallery at the RISD Museum. I could look at her work for hours, and am pulled in every time I see them. I think of her as one of the few living classicists.

For more extraordinary work, go here.

2 comments:

Mlle Paradis said...

Hi Nick - In an effort to encourage "guy conscious" in the blogosphere I have included you in an "Honest Scrap" award for distinguished blogging over at my site, Passage Paradis. Would you like to share with us ten things about yourself that we might like to know?

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see more pictures of that rectangular glass shaped thing. I know there is a name for it. I just forget.

-Zane of ontario honey

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails