10.02.2009

A Proper Place for Julius?

Though she is a wicked animal, our little cat Julius is doted on to no end. Here she is being bad to Steven (in her defense, she thought the camera was a can of tuna, and she wanted it):



I do wish at times that she had a house to be sent to when she's particularly destructive, when she claws the furniture or pulls the hydrangeas apart. Luckily, I think I've found just the little cat cottage for the darling:





It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1954 as a counterpoint to the Gerald Tonkens house of Cincinnati, Ohio. He dubbed it "Residence for Felis Catus," and it can be purchased from To the Trade (the most pretentiously named store I think I've ever come across), of Neenah, Wisconsin. Julius must have it.



Oh, so long Frank Lloyd Wright, indeed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails