4.03.2010

Cupboards, Cabinets, How I Love Thee

So months and months ago I saw this exquisitely beautiful and literally painfully expensive cabinet on Yatzer, from Pinch Studio:



It's called the Joyce Cabinet and costs close to 5,000 British pounds, which might as well be a billion dollars as far as I'm concerned. What gives? I loveLOVE love it, and each millimeter of carefully considered perfection (note the curve where the leg meet the carcass of the cabinet), but for about 5 of these cabinets I could buy a vast abandoned house with this built into its attic:



I also love this cupboard, and I see a certain kinship between the two. The house is also pretty extraordinary -- 1880s, slate mansard roof, pocket doors, the works. Craptastic neighborhood, though, and while exploring it with a friend I found a gun (unloaded) stashed above a doorframe (uh, yikes). But I might overlook all that for the cupboard in the attic.

4 comments:

DM said...

I think we should start buying some of these houses in Providence, revamping them and become design slum lords. I smell a reality show.

Kyra said...

love it! especially the Joyce Cabinet but you know how I feel about lived in spaces and used loved objects.

Victoria Thorne said...

perfectly sublime pairing . . . & what stories the attic cupboard could tell, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

5000 pounds for a cabinet? That's pretty pricy.

-Zane of ontario honey

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Nick Haus! I look forward to seeing what you have to say. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking Anonymous comments -- too much spam, too much vituperative. Come out from behind the curtain, ye nasty Anonymous! Everyone else, please, I love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails